Strategic Innovation and Technology Summit (SIT Summit 2018)
Total participated in the ADNOC R&D organized the inaugural Strategic Innovation & Technology Summit (SIT-Summit) 2018, held on February 18, 2018. Held to identify and drive advanced technology solutions, the summit addressed important aspects of future growth of our industry and its need to extract the most out of every barrel, paving the way to optimize the core triangle of Technology, Process & People.
Dr. Vincent Saubestre, VP Strategy & Intelligence, Corporate R&D was a keynote speaker on the subject Approach to Innovation and ROI.
Objectives and outcomes identified focused mainly on the challenges to deploy Technologies, where joint efforts are required between different directorates, ADNOC Group of companies as well as ADNOC partners.
The Strategic objectives of this Summit were:
- To capitalize on our partner’s experience to improve ADNOC Technology Deployment Cycle and try to tailor it to fit our structure
- To understand the Technologies technologies’ return-on-investment nature, and the link between deploying technologies verses reducing CAPEX and OPEX
- To learn how to prepare ourselves as an organization and people to adopt disruptive technologies and innovations
- To explore and identify how artificial intelligence and digitalization will enable more efficiency and effectiveness in the value chain.
The expected outcomes of this Summit are:
An agreement between different directorates on the top five-way forward/action tasks which are needed to:
- Deploy technologies faster
- Embrace digitalization and AI transformation
- Adopt culture of innovation
- Identify opportunities for technology to optimize cost drivers.
The summit highlighted how advanced technologies can accelerate ADNOC's delivery of its 2030 strategy. Live technology demonstrations showcased the very latest technology applications, trends and best practices in the application of technologies in the energy industry.
As an outcome of the summit, ADNOC will develop the 'One ADNOC' Innovation and Technology Strategy Roadmap, streamlining initiatives across the ADNOC group to extract the greatest value from its assets and resources.