TotalEnergies participate to Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week and WFES 2022
The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2022 Opening Ceremony and Zayed Sustainability Award was held on Monday, 17th January 2022 at EXPO 2020 venue. The opening ceremony was attended by Elias KASSIS, President EP UAE TotalEnregies and TotalEnergies Country Chair in the UAE along with Francois GOOD, SVP Strategy & Growth, TotalEnergies along with senior management members from the UAE.
World Future Energy Summit (WFES), as part of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2022, will be held from Monday, January 17th to 19th at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
TotalEnergies presence will be through speaking opportunities in the Energy Conference. In this year’s edition TotalEnergies will have no stand in the exhibition area.
Elias Kassis, TotalEnergies Country Chair in the UAE, attended the #WorldFutureEnergySummit’ Solar & Clean Energy Forum panel, “Energy transition in the new normal”, as a keynote speaker. The session was held yesterday in Abu Dhabi. He highlighted the transformation of @TotalEnergies into a multi-energy company, with in particular the objective to reach 100GW gross installed capacity by 2030, and LNG being another pillar.
When asked on what industry players can make today to thrive through the transition, he said that:
- Our aim is to supply more energy with less emissions, with sustainability at the heart of the strategy.
- All stakeholders must be mobilized: industrial players of course, but also businesses, governments, civil society, financial community, consumers
- Technology and innovation will play a key role in accelerating the transition; to scale-up and reduce costs
- Energy Transition also means leading the transformation of the organization with our people; with attention to skills adaptation as well as new talents.
Regarding the hydrogen opportunity for the industrial players, he explained that to achieve carbon neutrality together with society, @TotalEnergies intended to break into the decarbonized hydrogen market by:
- Planning to become a large-scale producer in clean and renewable hydrogen,
- Promoting the use of decarbonized hydrogen in energy and other sectors
- Decarbonizing its refineries by producing and supplying green hydrogen
- Creating the world's largest fund dedicated to the development of low-carbon hydrogen infrastructures last October.