Total at World Future Energy Summit (WFES) 2018
The Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week and the World Future Energy Summit was held from January 15-18, 2018, with the theme 'Driving the Global Energy Transformation'. Patrick Pouyanne, Chairman & CEO of Total attended the conference and was a keynote speaker in the session "The Future Energy Ambitions – an IOC perspective”.
The event was an opportunity for Total to showcase Total know-how in:
- Investing in Renewable Energy to tackle Climate Change
- Total, Integrated Accross the Photovoltaic Solar Value Chain
- Off-grid power systems for Oil & Gas applications
- SunPower Oasis
- Committed to Powering People
- Total at a Glance
- Total, the Responsible Energy Major
- Developping Profitable Low-Carbon Businesses
- Total Social Responsibility
- METIS: Multiphysics Exploration Technology Integrated System
Delegates from Total EP UAE, Total ABK, Total HQ and SunPower participated in the conference.
The conference 2018 offered a well-balanced mix of expert talks, panel sessions and business breakfasts covering burning issues and key trends in the renewable energy sector, such as the future of energy and transport in urban environments, digitalization and technology disruption. Also concrete project plans and strategies around renewables in Saudi Arabia and the African continent were discussed.